SMDRA has been allocated an additional position for NAR Director by the National Association of REALTORS®. The number of director allocations is based on membership counts as of July 31, 2019, and SMDRA has surpassed 4,000 members which quantifies TWO NAR Director positions. One position is in its 3rd year of the term so, there is one additional opening.
If you are interested in serving as a 2020 NAR Director, please complete the Nominee Questionnaire and return to email@example.com by September 20, 2019. Nominees will be reviewed by the Nominating Committee and voted on by the SMDRA Board of Directors at their meeting on Thursday, October 17, 2019 where each Nominee will give a 2-minute speech. Please contact Melissa Maldonado at SMDRA, 303-797-3700, if you have additional questions.
THE DUTIES OF NAR DIRECTOR ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Must be an active REALTOR® member of SMDRA, CAR and NAR.
- Must commit to spend the time and effort to serve in the position to the best of their ability.
- Must commit to attend all CAR and NAR meetings as required and SMDRA meetings as requested.
- Have past leadership experience and expertise within SMDRA and CAR.
- Nominee must have served as either one of the following: Metro District VP, CAR Director, Past SMDRA President/Chairman, or Past NAR Director.
- Nominee must be recommended by the SMDRA Nominating Committee to the SMDRA Board of Directors for confirmation.
- Nominee must not have claimed bankruptcy within the last three (3) years or be in the process of claiming bankruptcy nor have been convicted of a felony.
- Must be free of any license law violation(s) which in the opinion of the SMDRA Board of Directors would be a factor in the nominee’s ability to effectively serve as a NAR Director.
- Must be free of any ethics violation(s) which in the opinion of the SMDRA Board of Directors would be a factor in the nominee’s ability to effectively serve as a NAR Director.
- Goals and objectives as a NAR Director must be, to the satisfaction of the SMDRA Board of Directors, in harmony with those of SMDRA, CAR and NAR.
- Must commit to serving up to a three (3) consecutive year term provided SMDRA continues to receive a NAR Director authorization for up to three (3) consecutive years.
- NAR Director is expected to attend as many of the Board’s eleven (11) regularly scheduled meeting in any fiscal year, as possible. Written notice should be given in advance to the CEO if unable to attend with reason.
- Attend the annual planning retreat, annual Inaugural Event, and Diamond Circle Event.
- Attend and participate in as many SMDRA events as possible such as Networking Events, Charity Events, Committee and Metro Market Pulse meetings.
- Serve on task forces and/or committees to further the Strategic goals of the Association.
- The following are complimentary events: Inaugural for Director and Spouse/Guest, Diamond Circle Awards Event for Director and Spouse/Guest (does not include application fee), REALTOR® Day at the Capitol and Meetings, and Bowling Tournament.
- Reimbursement for NAR meeting is per the policies of the Colorado Association of REALTORS®.
- Must be a REALTOR® member in good standing.
- Strongly encouraged to be a major contributor to RPAC.
- Must be actively engaged in the real estate business and hold an active real estate license from the state of Colorado.
In carrying out the duties of NAR Director, the person holding that office will necessarily receive, review, and possess sensitive and confidential information regarding various financial aspects of the Association and its affiliated entities. The NAR Director shall have a duty not to disclose confidential information and shall memorialize these confidentiality obligations by executing a confidentiality agreement.