I.D.E.A – Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action
STATEMENT – SMDRA’s IDEA Committee is focused on moving the principles of Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Action (I.D.E.A.) forward to benefit our members. These principles are essential to foster an inclusive culture where REALTORS® are the recognized authority and trusted partners in their communities. Inclusion and unity are critical to achieving our mission of providing the highest standards of service to our members in an ethical and professional manner.
All REALTORS® are members of the National Association of REALTORS® and subscribe to its strict Code of Ethics. Article 10 of the National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics states, “REALTORS® shall not deny equal professional services to any person for reasons of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.”
SMDRA has an unwavering commitment to diversity that will ensure the highest level of respect, inclusion, and nondiscrimination.
- We embrace a culture of open-mindedness which continues to encourage multiple perspectives and enhance our collaborative solutions, drives innovation, and delivers benefit to our Strategic Values.
- We believe that, together, we can build an inclusive culture that encourages, supports and celebrates the diverse expressions of all members. By ensuring diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of what we do, we energize our Mission and provide the most effective service to all, including our communities.
- We accept diverse perspectives and are committed to being inclusive of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, national origin, socioeconomic status, political affiliation, neurodiversity, or any other qualities by which we may define ourselves.
- We commit to celebrating diversity on all levels, to keep an open mind, and to always consider those who are different from ourselves to ensure that we are being inclusive to members without bias.
- Encourage the appointment and election of volunteers—who collectively reflect the rich diversity of SMDRA and the membership we serve, so they can bring unique perspectives to the table and together advance the Association’s Strategic Plan in more inclusive and innovative ways.
- We seek to ensure a safe environment within the South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association and within our communities that is inclusive and celebrates cultural differences
- We seek to ensure the quality of opportunity is available to those who are underrepresented and for all backgrounds to grow to their full potential, including leadership roles.
- We are committed to continue driving conversations with REALTORS® and Affiliate members by engaging in discussions of real-life occurrences within our communities regarding inclusion, equality, and diversity and will provide platforms to have the crucial discussions needed for growth and awareness within our Association.
- Together we will continue to educate our members and build a culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse expressions of all members.
- We will collaborate with other REALTOR® organizations that support housing opportunities for underserved communities and that will foster an environment that enhances inclusion, diversity and equity within SMDRA.