Members Vote in Favor of SMDRA and AAR Merger!
To Our Valued REALTOR Members and Affiliate Industry Partners:
On behalf of our respective Boards, leadership team and staff, we’re excited to officially inform you of the mutual membership approval of a merger between our two great associations. With overwhelming response and support from members who voted in favor of this merger over the past two days, we are now ready to begin implementing the steps required to integrate our operations and fully prepare for our future together.
As you know, the Directors and Staff for the Aurora Association of REALTORS® and the South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association have worked together to create a consolidated Association designed to support, enhance, and expand upon the professional programming, member services, education, advocacy and more.
The South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association – Serving Aurora, Centennial, Littleton and South Metro Denver Communities – is poised to deliver a full-suite of REALTOR® benefits and resources for our more than 5,000 members including:
- Access to more than 250 annual education courses and events, with FREE continuing education and career enhancing education for all REALTOR® members;
- Membership in one of the state’s largest local real estate associations;
- Expanded networking opportunities;
- A stronger, more powerful voice for political advocacy and protection of Private Property Rights at the local, state and national level – including expanded government affairs staffing to support increased levels of advocacy across our geographic reach;
- Expanded range of committee and leadership opportunities including Diversity and Inclusion; political advocacy; philanthropy; Young Professionals Network and more;
- Enhanced presence with local business and economic development organizations including the Aurora and South Metro Chambers of Commerce;
- A stronger association that can sustain market fluctuations and manage rising operating costs efficiently for its membership.
- A larger professional staff and related services;
- Reduced direct costs tied to office buildings, staffing and service duplication while also enhancing staff training and services; and
- Combined Industry Partner membership providing an economical membership benefit and industry partner support for the Association.
We thank you for the support and guidance that you’ve shared throughout this process and we will look forward to sharing many more details with you in the weeks ahead as the new, consolidated association officially begins on October 1.
We’re eager to begin the next steps in this exciting new chapter for REALTORS® across the Aurora, Centennial, Littleton and south metro Denver communities.
Together we R…Better!
Together we R…Stronger!
Together we R…A More Powerful Voice!
Together we R…A Greater Community Resource!
Together we R…Prepared for ‘R’ Future!
With appreciation and excitement,
SMDRA Chief Executive Officer
AAR Chief Executive Officer