Healthcare Options for Colorado REALTORS
For years, one of the most common concerns for REALTORS® has been finding affordable healthcare solutions. One of the steps the Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR) has taken to help provide its members with options is the adoption of a healthcare solution with a medical cost-sharing program at its core. While medical cost-sharing has some limitations, such as a waiting period on pre-existing conditions, it has two important advantages over traditional health insurance: affordability and freedom from networks. As traditional health insurance premiums continue to rise across the country, medical cost-sharing programs are attracting more attention than ever before. If you are not familiar with how medical cost-sharing works, it’s a good time to learn. Sedera’s “How It Works” page includes a great introduction to this concept, including a brief video:
To offer the REALTOR® community additional value, CAR has decided to make enrollment available to Colorado REALTORS®, their families (whether the REALTOR® enrolls or not), supporting affiliate members of CAR and the local REALTOR® associations, and REALTOR® staff members.
CAR’s plan, which became available for enrollment on June 1, 2019, includes the following features:
- Sedera Health – a non-faith based medical cost-sharing administrator with a product specifically designed for use with associations.
- Teladoc – a global leader in virtual care. Teladoc doctors are U.S. board certified and licensed to practice in Colorado. They can diagnose, treat, and prescribe medication if medically necessary.
- Apex Advantage – a feature that provides many preventative services at no additional cost and low co-pays for routine medical treatment at primary doctors, specialists, urgent care facilities, and imaging centers. Unfortunately, these particular benefits do require the use of PHCS network providers, but the PHCS network is robust, even in the more remote locations in Colorado.
- WellDyneRX – a full-service prescription benefit manager that provides a six-tiered prescription drug benefit with discounts, co-insurance, and copays as low as $1.
Since each family situation is different, it’s not the intention of CAR or SMDRA to recommend a specific healthcare plan for its members – it is the responsibility of each member to determine the suitability of any plan for his or her situation. However, CAR has made a meaningful effort to make this option available with the belief that there will likely be many for whom this plan is an affordable and appropriate solution.
CLICK HERE for details and pricing for this healthcare option.
Important Informational Documents
- CAR Magazine Article – CAR REALTOR Healthcare Option How it Works
- Executive Summary
- Plan and Pricing Options
Upcoming Webinars for SMDRA Members
- Tuesday, November 5th – 11:00am – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 11:00am
- Tuesday, November 19th – 2:00pm – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 2;00pm
- Tuesday, December 3rd – 9:00am – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 9:00am
Questions? Need Additional Information?
If you have questions about it beforehand, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-523-5524