Chairman’s Message – Mary Ann Hinrichsen, SMDRA Chairman of the BoardToggle
Congratulations are due to our CEO, Melissa Maldonado. She was awarded the President’s Distinguished Service Award by the Colorado Association of Realtors’ Chairman of the Board, Alan Lovitt during the C.A.R. Inaugural evening. Melissa served as the Realtor Associations liaison on the CAR board for the 2016 year. She rocked it! She pushed for some positive useful changes and was able to convey to all a new purpose. This award is richly deserved!
The year of my term as Chairman of the Board has certainly gone by in a blink. That said, it has indeed been my pleasure, and my honor, to have been given the opportunity to serve you this past year. There are some truly remarkable people who serve on your Board of Directors along side me. Though we are now all REALTORS, these Directors are intelligent, well versed, and articulate and come from a vast array of previous professional expertise. All these qualities give rise to excellent conversations, borne from those present and previous expertise, which in turn gives rise to new ideas for the benefit of ALL of our members.
This year has provided much insight into you, our members, what you want and need in an effort to continually fine tune the benefits offered. We have been able to find ways to measure aspects of our classes, the import of various benefits, and derive answers for what is a hit and what isn’t, whether in education or other member benefits. This is a beneficial labor in which the staff and board fully participate.
Let me state, unequivocally, without the staff and all the work they do, NOTHING the board decides would ever be accomplished. The staff implements the work relegated from board decisions. My heartfelt thanks go to them for the time and effort they spend. No program could be implemented without them. They are the happy face when you walk in the door or call on the phone. They put their hearts and souls into excellence.
Though I am about to join that club of former Chairman of the Board known as the Feather Dusters, I, of course, remain very much a very active participant on the board as the Past Chairman of the Board. There is always work to be done and missions to be accomplished. Thank you all for your support during my year as Chairman. I have truly gained more than I could have possibly given.
Aspire to Inspire!
Business After Hours Broncos PartyToggle
Open to all SMDRA REALTORS® and Affiliates – come and join us for a fun night of socializing, networking, and football at SMDRA’s Business After Hours Broncos Party!
There will be a Prize Giveaway – winners will be given away through a business card drawing. Anyone who would like to donate a prize should bring it to the SMDRA office by Friday October 7.
When: Thursday, October 13 – 5:30 p.m.
Where: Fox and Hound, 9239 Park Meadows Drive, Lonetree, CO
SMDRA 2017 Dues BillToggle
THANK YOU for being a member of SMDRA!
Your membership comes with tons of benefits, including FREE tech support, FREE continuing education credits, FREE monthly power luncheons featuring hot topics, FREE access to present your listings on a weekly basis at Metro Market Pulse meetings, and access to dozens of tools, information, resources and discounts available through SMDRA, Colorado Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®. Click to learn more.
SMDRA.com Now Features Affiliate Search DirectoryToggle
Due to popular demand, the SMDRA Affiliate Search Directory is now available on the SMDRA website. The online tool is under Member Resources > Affiliates/Vendors > Find An Affiliate Vendor. We also have added an Affiliates by Category downloadable PDF for your use, which can be found under Member Resources > Affiliates/Vendors > Affiliate by Category. View the latest downloadable PDF here.
This makes it even easier to find the services and products you need from our Affiliate Business Partners.
Affiliate Business PartnersToggle
Last week’s Affiliate Business Partners:
• Steve Moran | A Cleaner Carpet
• Amanda Metzger | 303 Carefree Service Solutions
• Ginger Parietti & Phil Meyer | Fidelity National Title
• Susan Gardella | Colorado Escrow & Title
• Angela Grunst | Roof Brokers
Save the DateToggle
REALTORS® Conference & Expo
November 4-7, 2016 | Orlando, FL
SavvyCard® is Social! Use it to Generate Leads on Social MediaToggle
Learn how to share your Agent & Property SavvyCards™ to Facebook, Twitter & other platforms to get new business.
Click here to learn more.
Ninja Selling Installation
October 3-6, 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$695 SMDRA Members/$795 All Others – Previous Ninjas can audit for $350, must call to register for audit 303-797-3700
Become a NINJA in Real Estate!
Four unique principles of Ninja Selling
- Personal Mastery: When you get better, your business gets better.
- Stop Selling! Start creating value.
- Business Strategy: Focus on people who know you.
- Connect & Communicate: It’s all about them, not about you.
In this class you will learn:
- Increase your income per hour so you can have a life.
- Help you properly set goals and program your non-conscious mind for success.
- Install a sales system that gives you predictable results.
- Install a step-by-step process that helps borrowers make good “balanced brain” decisions.
- Install a system that generates a continuous flow of customers coming to you.
What’s It Worth? How to Understand and Estimate Value
September 29, 1 – 5 p.m. | $40 for SMDRA Members/$50 All Others
Have you ever wanted to know what an additional bathroom is worth, or what backing to a busy street does to the value of a home? What’s the value of a finished basement, or how do you determine what a walk-out basement is worth? Do you ever ask yourself this question; My Sellers spend a ton of money upgrading their home, what will buyers pay for all of these improvements? If you are interested in better understanding value and how to utilize appraisal valuation techniques then this class is for you. Get the knowledge and tools to prepare an accurate and effective CMA. Gain the knowledge to make better business decisions by understanding values.
VP FREE! CE: Home Warranties – Avoid Costly Mistakes
October 7, 9:30 – 11:30 a.m. | FREE for SMDRA Members/$20 All Others
As part of SMDRA’s launch of our Value Proposition, SMDRA REALTOR® members receive 24 hours of FREE CE Credit each year. These classes will be noted “VP-FREE! CE:” as part of the class title and in the price. SMDRA will hold one 2 HR CE class each month taught by our Affiliate Business Partners. REALTORS® stay educated and informed because Knowledge is Power!
In this course you will learn:
1. Avoid Costly Mistakes
2. How Home Warranties Work
3. Why Warranties are Important
4. Learn how home warranties can be helpful to buyer, seller, & REALTOR®
Tax Strategies for the Real Estate Professional
October 12, 10 a.m. – 12 p.m. | $20 for SMDRA Members/$30 All Others
You will learn
• How to build your business by maximizing new tax deductions!
• How to use powerful strategies to build sales production!
• How a simple conversation can help you prospect for new business and develop new client relationships!
• How the new tax law changes can dramatically increase your take home income.
• How the latest tax law affects purchases of cars, computers, and equipment!
• Proven strategies for avoiding an IRS audit! (Our strategies can save you a whole lot of pain and heartache!)
• How to transform personal commuting to deductible business mileage!
• How to use a little-known rule that can double your entertainment deductions!
• How to help your accountant work a lot more effectively on your behalf!
• How to claim your medical expenses as business deductions and deal with the Affordable Care Act!
• How keeping records the right way can open up a whole new world of tax deductions
• How to hire your spouse without triggering payroll taxes!
• The one vehicle-ownership mistake that can cost you thousands, even tens of thousands of dollars!
• The truth about appointment books and auto logs!
• One simple tactic that makes your deductions stand up and shout, “I am deductible!”