Healthcare Options for Colorado REALTORS – Fall 2020 Update
For years, one of the most common concerns for REALTORS® has been finding affordable healthcare solutions. One of the steps the Colorado Association of REALTORS® (CAR) has taken to help provide its members with options is the adoption of a healthcare solution with a medical cost-sharing program at its core. While medical cost-sharing does have a waiting period on pre-existing conditions, it has two important advantages over traditional health insurance: affordability and freedom from networks. As traditional health insurance premiums continue to rise across the country, medical cost-sharing programs are attracting more attention than ever before. If you are not familiar with how medical cost-sharing works, it’s a good time to learn.
Pricing can be found HERE.
To offer the REALTOR® community additional value, CAR has decided to make enrollment available to Colorado REALTORS®, their families (whether the REALTOR® enrolls or not), supporting affiliate members of CAR and the local REALTOR® associations, and REALTOR® staff members.
CAR’s plan, which became available for enrollment on June 1, 2019, includes the following features:
- Redirect Health – 24/7 concierge service with U.S. Board-certified primary care doctors on staff to address many healthcare services at no cost. They also provide coordination and follow up medical care, including coordination with specialists, bloodwork, labs, x-rays, etc. at low cash pay rates.
- Prescription Plan – Discounts on a wide range of prescription drugs, most of which are available for $4 or less.
- Careington Dental & Vision Discount Plan – Save 20%-50 on most dental procedures and savings on eye care and eyewear.
- Sedera Health – A non-faith based medical cost-sharing administrator with a product specifically designed for use with associations.
- Monthly Enrollment – If this makes sense for you, you can start on the 1st of any month! Online enrollment must be complete by the 19th of the prior month to begin benefits on the 1st of the following month.
Since each family situation is different, it’s not the intention of CAR or SMDRA to recommend a specific healthcare plan for its members – it is the responsibility of each member to determine the suitability of any plan for his or her situation. However, CAR has made a meaningful effort to make this option available with the belief that there will likely be many for whom this plan is an affordable and appropriate solution.
CLICK HERE for details and pricing for this healthcare option.
Important Informational Documents
Upcoming Webinars for SMDRA Members
- Monday, October 26, 2020 – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 9:00am
- Monday, November 9, 2020 – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 11:00am
- Tuesday, December 7, 2020 – CLICK HERE to join this webinar at 2:00pm
Questions? Need Additional Information?
If you have questions about it beforehand, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 720-523-5524