THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM! Please complete the two-step registration below Scroll down, click on REGISTER HERE and complete registration
THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM!
Please complete the two-step registration below
- Scroll down, click on REGISTER HERE and complete registration
- Click on this link and complete registration:
DESCRIPTION: FIRPTA is becoming a more prominent issue in Colorado as the real estate market has begun to attract more foreign investors. If broker works with foreign investors they should be able to discuss FIRPTA with their clients to reduce potential liability for payment to IRS. A brief overview of the newest rules and how they may impact you in todays market place. FIRPTA from the perspective of the purchaser, seller, selling agent, listing agent and closing agent. Learn how to make sure a FIRPTA Transaction closes smoothly.
- Why Does Broker need to know this? In order to protect client from possible liability for fees to the IRS broker must inform clients of the provisions of FIRPTA.
- What’s the problem? If the buyer fails to withhold the required tax from the seller, then the IRS will collect the tax from the buyer
INSTRUCTOR: Eric L. Nesbitt, P.C. Attorney at Law
Eric L. Nesbitt is a dual-licensed real estate and business attorney who has been practicing law since 1991. His practice focuses primarily in the areas of real estate, business and contract negotiations and commercial litigation matters. Throughout his 28-year career, Eric has represented residential and commercial clients in a variety of real estate and business legal matters. Additionally, as a Colorado -licensed real estate brokers, he is the founder and principal of the commercial real estate brokerage firm The Nesbitt Commercial Group with Keller Williams DTC and KW Commercial.
Eric is a board member of the Colorado Bar Associations (CBA) Continuing Legal Education organization and a member of the organization’s Real Estate Section. He was a featured presenter at the CBA’s 2017 Real Estate Symposium, addressing the topic of Title Insurance Issues in Real Estate Transactions. He is also the Past President of the Denver Metropolitan Commercial Association of REALTORS® (DMCAR) and served as the 2006 Chairman of the Rocky Mountain Commercial Real Estate Expo and Fall Forecast. He was honored as the 2009 Commercial REALTOR of the Year by DMCAR and the Denver Business Journal.
Eric earned his Law Degree and Masters of Business Administration from the University of California at Los Angeles and he also holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Finance from the University of Illinois.
Publications and Presentations:
- “Negotiating Commercial Property Leases” authored by Eric L. Nesbitt
- “Wearing Two Hats: The Ethics of Being Both an Attorney and Real Estate Broker” Presentation to the Colorado Bar Association
- “RESPA-Dodd Frank-and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau: What It Means for Your Real Estate Practice” Presentation to ABA General Practice, Solo and Small Firm Division.
- “Title Insurance Issues in Real Estate Transactions: Presentation to the Colorado Bar Association.
SMDRA Member Price: FREE
ALL Others: $20
CE Credits: 1
Refreshments Provided By SMDRA Affiliate Business Partner:
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm MST
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS