THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE Via ZOOM! IMPORTANT: Registration is a two-step process. By
THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE Via ZOOM!
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two-step process. By the day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines
DESCRIPTION: Specifically designed for the Real Estate Agent as a business person. This class provides specific key strategies that will save time, money and help you work with your tax professionals more efficiently and effectively. The information provided will arm you with the best business practices regarding the tax side of your business.
You will learn:
- Why your accountant cannot “just take” these deductions for you
- Real-time updates on the new Stimulus Bill
- How to navigate the new 20% 199A Deduction designed for self-employed professionals and worth up to $63,000!
- Why you may want to buy a new or pre-owned car sooner than you think…the great 2020 “makeover” of the Car Deduction rules you will want to take advantage of
- How to deduct all of your family’s medical costs-even dental as a business expense
- The new and improved food and beverage deductions for the real estate professional and the entertainment deductions that survived Tax Reform
INSTRUCTOR: Maine Shafer
Maine Shafer, J.D, has more than 15 years’ experience as a professional speaker delivering tax reduction strategies on behalf of Bradford and Company, Inc. Maine consistently earns student evaluation ratings in excess of 9.65 on a scale of 1to 10, a testament to his ability to make taxes a cash resource for participants. Maine’s strong background in taxes started when he worked on the staff of a U.S. Senator on Capitol Hill, while receiving his Juris Doctorate from Georgetown University Law Center. His tax education continued during his clerkship with the Chief Judge of the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals and while working as an Assistant Attorney General for the State of New Mexico. Maine’s platform abilities have involved not only making tax information clear and usable, but also delivering sales and motivational speeches and programs throughout the Western United States and hosting a radio talk show.
SMDRA Member Price: Free
All Others: $30
Continuing Education Credits: 0 Hours – YOU MUST have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
Refreshments provided by SMDRA Business Partner:
(Tuesday) 9:00 am - 11:30 am MST
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS