THIS IS A 2-DAY CLASS! THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM!
THIS IS A 2-DAY CLASS!
THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE VIA ZOOM!
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two-step process. By the day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines
DESCRIPTION: The SRES® designation course seeks to instill knowledge and understanding of and empathy for 50+ real estate clients and customers. Develop the business building skills and resources needed for specialization in the 50+ real estate market.
The SRES® designation program provides professional training and development suitable for continuing education credit. SRES® Designation Course Learning Objectives:
- Learn distinguishing characteristics and trends of the 50+ market so that you can discern them in your own market area.
- Evaluate your market area attractiveness to the 50+ market.
- Master the vocabulary of the range of housing options for the 50+ market.
- Learn the application of federal laws for Housing for Older Persons Act (HOPA).
- Develop business building outreach methods for communicating and gaining 50+ market share.
- Adapt methods for counseling the 50+ buyer and sellers.
- Stay focused on the transaction and avoid inappropriate involvement in family matters.
- Develop sensitivities to 50+ issues and priorities when counseling buyers and sellers, showing properties, and managing transactions.
- Develop services that win and sustain client and customer relationships and position you as a trusted real estate advisor.
- Assemble a team of experts to help you serve 50+ clients and customers.
- Learn about the uses, benefits, procedures, and issues involved in reverse mortgages.
- Learn about uses of pensions, 401k accounts, and IRAs in real estate transactions.
- Gain an understanding of how Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security impact 50+ real estate decisions.
- Recognize mortgage finance and loan schemes and scams that victimize 50+ borrowers.
- Identify key life stages, viewpoints, and transitions in relation to housing choices.
- Recognize how a home can be adapted for safety, comfort, and aging in place.
- Help clients integrate disposition of real property into estate plans.
For more information on earning and maintaining the SRES ® designation, as well as the member benefits, please visit https://sres.realtor/earn-your-sres-designation/how-earn-designation
INSTRUCTOR: Rich Sands
Combining over 111,000 miles of running over 40 years (with competition in over 400 races including 14 finished marathons), 20 years of coaching elite athletes at all levels and 14 years as a real estate agent and teacher, Rich Sands brings a different perspective to real estate professionals. Believing that great athletes share a bounty of traits, behaviors and attitudes with top producing Realtors, he uniquely motivates and empowers agents to strive for excellence as sales professionals. He has been the Director of Education for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage since 2000 and taught the CRS Listing Strategies class since 2004. In his spare time, Sands runs the trails and cycles the roads of Colorado.
SMDRA Member Price: $195
All Others: $215
CE Credits: 12 Hours – YOU MUST have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
Smart Points: 12
Zoom Meeting Sponsor:
17 (Wednesday) 9:00 am - 18 (Thursday) 4:00 pm MST
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS