THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS! IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. By the
THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS!
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. By the day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines
DESCRIPTION: ** THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR NEW REALTOR MEMBERS! ** New REALTORS® are required to complete GRI 106: Ethics & Professional Practice (New Member Ethics). The National Association of REALTORS® requires all members to take a REALTOR® Board approved NAR Ethics course once in every 3-year NAR Ethics Cycle. The current NAR Ethics Cycle is 01/01/2019 – 12/31/2021. Please Note: This requirement is distinct and separate from the mandatory Colorado Real Estate Commission Annual Commission Update (ACU) course which must be completed every year.
Upon completion of this NAR Code of Ethics course, members will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 3, 11, and 16 of the Code of Ethics and identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to those Articles
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify how the Code of Ethics should be used in daily business practices.
- Explain how the Pathways to Professionalism tool provides guidelines for respecting property, the public, and peers
INSTRUCTOR: David Barber – CRS, GRI, ABR, SRES, SFR, MRP
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker at RE/MAX Professionals-DTC
David is a licensed REALTOR® with many years of experience in real estate and teaching. He has been very involved at the local and state level:
- Board of Directors-Aurora Association of REALTORS®(2008-2012)
- President elect-Aurora Association of REALTORS®(2008-2009)
- President-Aurora Association of REALTORS® (2009-2010)
- Metro District Vice President elect-Colorado Association of REALTORS® (2010-2011)
- Metro District Vice President-Colorado Association of REALTORS® (2011-2012)
- Aurora Association of REALTORS®- Masters Club (2010,2011,2012)
- “Five Star Real Estate Professional” by 5280 Magazine (2011, 2012,2013,2014)
- Leadership Aurora class of 2011
- REALTOR® of the Year-Aurora Assn. of Realtors (2011)
- Colorado Association of REALTOR® Housing Opportunity Foundation [CARHOF] President-elect (2013) Colorado Association of REALTORS®-Education Foundation Trustee (2011-2013)
- President-elect, Colorado Association of REALTORS (2013-2014)
- Chairman of the Board, Colorado Association of REALTORS® (2014-2015)
Free for SMDRA Members Only!
$50 All Others
CE Credits: 3
You must have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
THANK YOU TO CLASS SPONSOR:
(Wednesday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS