THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS! IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. By the
THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS!
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two step process. By the day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines
DESCRIPTION: * THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR NEW REALTOR MEMBERS! ** New REALTORS® are required to complete GRI 106: Ethics & Professional Practice (New Member Ethics). The National Association of REALTORS® requires all members to take a REALTOR® Board approved NAR Ethics course once in every 3-year NAR Ethics Cycle. The current NAR Ethics Cycle is 01/01/2019 – 12/31/2021. Please Note: This requirement is distinct and separate from the mandatory Colorado Real Estate Commission Annual Commission Update (ACU) course which must be completed every year.
Upon completion of this NAR Code of Ethics course, members will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 3, 11, and 16 of the Code of Ethics and identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to those Articles
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify how the Code of Ethics should be used in daily business practices.
- Explain how the Pathways to Professionalism tool provides guidelines for respecting property, the public, and peers
INSTRUCTOR: Doug Emmerich, CRP, REALTOR, Consultant, Speaker, Trainer
Doug Emmerich is a very knowledgeable real estate and relocation professional. When delivering a course he draws from his extensive history as a supervising/employing Broker as well as a producing Broker. Doug has a humorous and easy speaking style that encourages audience dialogue and interaction. He often has repeat attendees at the classes he conducts. Many attendees comment on Doug’s ability to reinforce learning concepts with his knowledge of the subject matter coupled with a clear passion for teaching.
As a Broker Owner of Colorado Relocation Professionals (a residential real estate company), Doug has extensive career experience in real estate brokerage, relocation management, business development training, sales training and marketing that has been continuous since 1976. He earned his Colorado real estate salesperson license in 1981, his New York real estate salesperson license in 1987 and his Colorado real estate broker license in 1990.
He has been a featured presenter and panelist at more than 50 national and international relocation and real estate conferences and has earned the ACB designation from Toastmasters International.
Free for SMDRA Members Only!
$50 All Others
CE Credits: 3
You must have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
THANK YOU TO CLASS SPONSOR:
(Tuesday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS