THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE Via ZOOM! IMPORTANT: Registration is a two-step process. By
THIS CLASS WILL BE HELD ONLINE Via ZOOM!
IMPORTANT: Registration is a two-step process. By the day before class, you will be emailed a Zoom link to confirm registration, as well as class materials and guidelines
DESCRIPTION: ** THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR NEW REALTOR MEMBERS! ** New REALTORS® are required to complete GRI 106: Ethics & Professional Practice (New Member Ethics). The National Association of REALTORS® requires all members to take a REALTOR® Board approved NAR Ethics course once in every 3-year NAR Ethics Cycle. The current NAR Ethics Cycle is 01/01/2019 – 12/31/2021. Please Note: This requirement is distinct and separate from the mandatory Colorado Real Estate Commission Annual Commission Update (ACU) course which must be completed every year.
Upon completion of this NAR Code of Ethics course, members will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 3, 11, and 16 of the Code of Ethics and identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to those Articles
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify how the Code of Ethics should be used in daily business practices.
- Explain how the Pathways to Professionalism tool provides guidelines for respecting property, the public, and peers
INSTRUCTOR: Steve Olson
Steve Olson has more than 25 years experience specializing in real estate sales and valuations. He is a licensed Real Estate Broker and Certified Residential Appraiser. He holds the RAA, MCP, TRC, SFR and BPOR designations and certifications. He received the Realtor of the Year award in 2011 from the South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association and in 2006-2007 Steve was Chair/President of the South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association. He recently completed six years on the Board of REcolorado. He earned an International Business Diploma from the International School of Business in The Netherlands as well as a BA from the University of Puget Sound.
Free for SMDRA Members Only!
$40 All Others
Continuing Education Credits: 3 Hours – YOU MUST have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
THANK YOU TO CLASS SPONSOR:
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS