THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS! AFTER YOU REGISTER
THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS!
AFTER YOU REGISTER BELOW, AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE CLASS, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A ZOOM LINK FOR THIS CLASS.
Description: A key part of the real estate transaction is financing. In general, financing addresses the ways in which people, businesses, and organizations allocate and use monetary resources. Being aware of the latest developments in finance; helps to clarify the economic status and affordability of the real estate market for clients. Understanding the fundamentals of mortgage finance is a key to a successful real estate sales business foundation and delivering invaluable services to consumers. This course will provide participants with a better understanding of real estate finance.Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
- Describe how the primary and secondary (including GSEs) mortgage markets and entities operate.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the requirements and rules regarding VA loans, FHA insured loans, and various conventional loan types.
- Perform basic calculations for fixed and adjustable-rate mortgages to include qualifying ratios, down payment, monthly payment, PMI, principal, interest, MIP and discount points.
- Determine when a client should be referred elsewhere for professional lending advice and processing.
- Describe the requirements and processes of a reverse annuity mortgage. • Prepare a client for the three stages of the mortgage loan process.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the credit scoring system.
- Discover potentially fraudulent mortgage activity
INSTRUCTOR: Kevin Stahle
Kevin was born & raised in Cedar Rapids, Iowa; graduated from the University of Northern Iowa with a teaching degree, and moved north to Minnesota where he lived for 17 hot, humid mosquito infested summers and 17 really cold winters. In 1988, he had enough, and moved to Colorado Springs, here he has lived ever since. Kevin has been listing/selling real estate for 27 years. His real love within the industry is teaching/training agents. Kevin’s sales experience also includes 8 years as a stockbroker, 4 years as an account executive with a national advertising agency and 4 years with Hallmark Cards. Kevin is a national GRI Instructor and Convention Speaker. His courses include Technology, Marketing, Finance, Investments/Taxation, Finance, Business Plans and Working with Sellers. Kevin loves to “edutain” real estate agents with his near terminal urge to tell puns and his love of music.
(Tuesday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm MST
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS