THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS! AFTER YOU REGISTER BELOW, AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE
THIS IS AN ONLINE ZOOM CLASS!
AFTER YOU REGISTER BELOW, AT LEAST 24 HOURS BEFORE CLASS, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL WITH A ZOOM LINK FOR THIS CLASS.
DESCRIPTION: * THIS CLASS IS NOT FOR NEW REALTOR MEMBERS! ** New REALTORS® are required to complete GRI 106: Ethics & Professional Practice (New Member Ethics). The National Association of REALTORS® requires all members to take a REALTOR® Board approved NAR Ethics course once in every 3-year NAR Ethics Cycle. The current NAR Ethics Cycle is 01/01/2019 – 12/31/2021. Please Note: This requirement is distinct and separate from the mandatory Colorado Real Estate Commission Annual Commission Update (ACU) course which must be completed every year.
Upon completion of this NAR Code of Ethics course, members will be able to:
- Identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- Describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- Describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 3, 11, and 16 of the Code of Ethics and identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to those Articles
- Describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- Identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- Identify how the Code of Ethics should be used in daily business practices.
- Explain how the Pathways to Professionalism tool provides guidelines for respecting property, the public, and peers
INSTRUCTOR: John Gillam
John is currently an employing broker with offices in two states, and has experience in not just general residential real estate, but also in commercial sales, commercial leasing, REO/short sales, foreclosure, and farm & ranch transactions. John also provides services as a consultant in many court appointed roles.
He began providing real estate education in 2005 providing pre-license education. Since that time he has developed classes on real estate contracts, ethics and agency, and instructs the CREC Annual Update Class. He is also an approved CAM and Property Management instructor.
SMDRA Member Price: FREE
All Others: $40
Continuing Education Credits: 4 Hours – YOU MUST have video capability and have it on during the class to get CE credit.
Refreshments provided by SMDRA Affiliate Member:
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm MST
ONLINE ZOOM CLASS