DESCRIPTION: With more than a million real estate licensees in the United States, effective personal promotion is not optional. To survive in the
DESCRIPTION: With more than a million real estate licensees in the United States, effective personal promotion is not optional. To survive in the real estate marketplace, today’s licensee must differentiate him or herself to obtain and retain customers. The purpose of this course is to review the elements necessary to create a promotion plan based on personal differentiators. This course provides the real estate professional with the skills to create a personal promotion plan that, because it is a reflection of him or her, is both effective and lasting. In Principles of Marketing, Phillip Kotler defines marketing as “a social and managerial process by which individuals and groups obtain what they need and want through creating and exchanging products and value with others.” Marketing then, in working hand in hand with sales, becomes an ongoing process of planning and executing the strategy and tactics for products and services to create a dialogue or communication. In this course, sales and marketing are discussed in relation to the buying and selling of real estate.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Develop a Unique Selling Proposition, elevator speech, and brand for use in personal promotion.
- Utilize promotional materials and communication channels that are consistent with a personal brand, the target market, and an overall promotional plan.
- Determine a target market for personal promotional efforts.
- Use individualized marketing components as basis for the development of an overall personal promotional plan.
- Apply the REALTOR® Code of Ethics to marketing efforts.
- Prepare a pre-listing and listing presentation.
- Demonstrate communication models that gain appointments, listings, and answer listing objections.
- Manage the complete listing process.
- Use proven, successful approaches with FSBO’s and expireds.
INSTRUCTOR: Rich Sands
Combining over 111,000 miles of running over 40 years (with competition in over 400 races including 14 finished marathons), 20 years of coaching elite athletes at all levels and 14 years as a real estate agent and teacher, Rich Sands brings a different perspective to real estate professionals. Believing that great athletes share a bounty of traits, behaviors and attitudes with top producing Realtors, he uniquely motivates and empowers agents to strive for excellence as sales professionals. He has been the Director of Education for Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage since 2000 and taught the CRS Listing Strategies class since 2004. In his spare time, Sands runs the trails and cycles the roads of Colorado.
SMDRA Member Price: $50
All Others: $50
CE CREDITS: 0
SMART POINTS: 4
Refreshments provided by SMDRA Affiliate Member:
(Wednesday) 9:00 am - 1:00 pm MST
South Metro Denver REALTOR Association - Racine
6436 South Racine Circle