DESCRIPTION: Learning how to take a proactive role in preventing legal violations will reduce a real estate licensee’s exposure to liability. In this course we
Learning how to take a proactive role in preventing legal violations will reduce a real estate licensee’s exposure to liability. In this course we will exam the common law as well as Federal and State statutes that govern real estate transactions. A real estate licensee’s awareness of federal fair housing laws and sensitivity to consumer diversity is vital to business success, reputation, and growth. Licensees will learn why it is necessary to understand fair housing laws and the impact that both fair housing and diversity have on their business. Upon completion of this module, participants will be able to accomplish the following:
• Demonstrate behavior compliant with federal fair housing and related laws (including ADA).
• Compare obligations of the Realtor® Code of Ethics and REALTOR® Fair Housing Declaration to the requirements of the Fair Housing Act.
• Identify the requirements by law with regard to listing agreements.
• Interpret key aspirational concepts found in the relevant sections of the REALTOR® Code of Ethics.
• Illustrate with examples violations of the “Pathways to Professionalism” courtesy and etiquette guidelines.
INSTRUCTOR: Jon Terry
Jon founded ALARIS Properties, LLC to meet the needs of buyers, sellers and investors by providing the most comprehensive programs available today. Formerly a member of the executive team of LHD Enterprises where Jon oversaw several departmental functions, including management of the Colorado region and head of the entrepreneurial group, while handling all legal affairs for the company’s Colorado, New England and Upstate New York offices. In addition, Jon served as President of Venture Partners LLC, a business incubator and accelerator. In his role as President, Jon consulted with start-up businesses concerning formation and financial issues.
Continuing Education Credits:4 hours CE
SMART Designation Points: 4 Points
SMDRA Member Price: $50
Click Learn More below to Register!
REFRESHMENTS PROVIDED BY SMDRA AFFILIATE BUSINESS PARTNER: TBD | TBD
(Thursday) 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm MST
South Metro Denver REALTOR® Association
6436 South Racine Circle