5 Obstacles Hindering First Time Homebuyers and How to Help Them
LOCATION: THIS IS AN IN-PERSON CLASS AT SMDRACE CREDIT: 2 CECOST: Members Free / $30 OthersINSTRUCTOR: Lonnie Glessner
LOCATION: THIS IS AN IN-PERSON CLASS AT SMDRA
CE CREDIT: 2 CE
COST: Members Free / $30 Others
INSTRUCTOR: Lonnie Glessner
CLASS DESCRIPTION: Survey after survey reveals that first-time home buyers have many obstacles and much misinformation that is keeping them from achieving the American Dream of Homeownership. Many real estate agents don’t know and understand all the small down payment options available for buyers. Real estate agents also don’t understand how to answer first-time home buyers’ objections about home affordability and their ability to become a first-time homeowner.
Here are the top 5 obstacles first-time homebuyers have that keep them from buying a home per multiple consumer surveys—
- Record high mortgage rates
- The real estate market is going to crash soon
- They don’t have enough money saved as about 50% believe they need to put 20% down.
- Lack of homes within my budget
- I don’t have good enough credit
You will learn:
- The truth about each obstacle and how to provide wisdom and confidence to renters that they can achieve the American Dream of Homeownership.
- About the 50-year history of mortgage rates and how mortgage rates are NOT at record highs.
- How to educate consumers on their #1 obstacle that I am going to wait to buy until mortgage rates drop.
- What happens to both mortgage rates and home prices during recessions over the last 60+ years.
- A brief recap of why Denver’s real estate market crashed beginning in 2006 and how supply, demand, and federal government policies will not allow our real estate market to crash today.
- The 6 different loan programs that require 3.50% down or less & 4 different down payment assistance programs.
- Tips on how renters can save money and where to find money so they can buy a home.
- #1 reason why renters think that home ownership is not in their budget.
- 3 ideas on how first-time home buyers can make their mortgage payments more affordable.
- About Fico scores and what impact they have plus the different credit scoring models,
- The impact of collections, charge-offs, and bankruptcies on a consumer’s ability to buy a home.
- Top 5 Credit Tips from my 25+ years of experience.
CLASS SPONSOR: Lisa Sparr with Land Title
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 12:00 pm(GMT-07:00) View in my time
6436 S. Racine Circle